Create, Learn, Inspire

If I could invite the world into my studio and show them around, they would see sketches, paintings, and personal work that otherwise would have no audience.
This site is the next best thing.
Here I'll show work that has been published as well as the work behind the work.
I encourage you to explore the older posts as well as the newer ones.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions about any of the posts. Enjoy!
spears@charter.net

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Painted life drawing





I did this 1 hour drawing, last week, at our Tuesday night Open Studio here at the University. It was drawn in charcoal on a sheet of 22 x 30 inch, BFK Rives 140lb paper. Back in my studio, as an experiment, I taped it to a piece of gator board, applied a couple of coats of Matte Medium to seal it , then applied some oil over the drawing. the process was fast (less than 2 hours of painting) and the results were OK. Next time, however, I'll use Shellac as a sealant and for sizing, so the paper won't buckle.
Overall, a good exercise and I'm eager to start going through old drawings to see if any can be given a new life.

1 comment:

  1. He looks like me! except for the muscles.... and the hair... and the six-pack. I've got that brooding look down!

    ReplyDelete